2) Send a letter, through the U.S. Mail to Governor Ed Rendell, at the following address:
1) Buhl Planetarium's Theater of the Stars and Zeiss Pit cannot be altered in any which would prevent the return and use, at some future date, of the historic Zeiss II Planetarium Projector. This would include the retention of the historic Westinghouse "Worm-Gear" Elevator and the Zeiss Control Console.
2) The People's Observatory, on Buhl Planetarium's third floor, cannot be altered in any way which would prevent the return and use, at some future date, of the historic 10-inch Siderostat-type Refractor Telescope.
3) A dedicated lighting system, on the ceiling of Buhl Planetarium's Great Hall, should be retained for return and display of "The Rise of Steel Technology" Mural by local artist Nat Youngblood.
4) A comprehensive inventory of all other City-owned artifacts, from the Buhl Planetarium, should be compiled, so that these other artifacts are not lost forever. The inventory previously compiled and included in the Children’s Museum Lease is not complete.
None of these conditions would seriously hinder the programming of the Children's Museum in the original Buhl Planetarium. Yet, these four conditions would assure that historic equipment and artifacts, important to the history of Pennsylvania, can some day be restored to use by the public.
Response to the
City of Pittsburgh Request for Proposals(RFP)
For Lease of Equipment and Artifacts of
The Buhl Planetarium and Institute of Popular Science
2002 May 22
This Internet Web Page:
< http://buhlplanetarium4.tripod.com/friendsofthezeiss/ContactGovernor.html >
Internet Web Cover Page: < http://www.friendsofthezeiss.org >
Electronic Mail: < email@example.com >
Internet Web Site Master Index for
the History of
The Buhl Planetarium and Institute of Popular Science, Pittsburgh
This Internet, World Wide Web Site administered by Glenn A.
Unless otherwise indicated, all pages in this web site are --
(C) Copyright 2003, Glenn A. Walsh, All Rights Reserved.
The author thanks The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh and the Three Rivers Free-Net for use of their digital scanner and
other computer equipment, and other assistance provided in the production of this web site.
Internet Web Site Credits and Special Thanks.
Contact Web Site Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Internet Web Site created 2003 February 10.
Last modified : Tuesday, 11-Feb-2003 18:28:43 EST.
You are visitor number , to this web page, since 2003 February 11.